Provide management, skills and expertise that an individual practice would find difficult to finance
OneNorwich became OneNorwich Practices in 2020 and was formed to:
- Give Norwich practices one voice at Strategic Transformation Plan (STP) level, now Integrated Care System (ICS)
- Introduce the five year forward view 10 high impact actions
- Help GP practices work together in an open, democratic and transparent way
- Address issues which can be solved through collaboration (rather than by individual practices)
OneNorwich Practices have two main areas of activity:
1. Supporting General Practice
- Ensuring Norwich general practice is sustainable for the future
- Supporting complex service changes through collaboration between groups of practices
- Delivering general practice services where it is sensible for one organisation to take a lead
- Developing Norwich footprint IT solutions across all practices
- Facilitating a series of workshops updating members on strategic options for practices
- Plan and invest the redistribution of Personal Medical Services (contract) monies
2. New Models of Care readiness
- Ensuring OneNorwich Practices is ready to hold a contract
- To ensure General Practice has a meaningful role in the system and transformation of community services
- Working with other local health and care providers towards an integrated, patient-centred system
Norwich Practices Limited
NPL was formed in January 2007 and is now part of OneNorwich Practices. It was formed to ensure that the planned Walk In Centre would be run by a Norwich based team already working within the NHS. Also to ensure the highest quality of service for patients the service would be GP led. NPL is wholly owned by Norwich GP practices.
Today the organisation provides a number of community health services for the NHS and continues to run the very successful NHS Walk-in and Health Centre for registered patients at Rouen House on Rouen Road in Norwich, along with a Tier 3 weight management service, Lymphoedema and other community services.
In June 2015 NPL which was originally located on Timber Hill in the Castle Mall, was relocated to the new Health and Walk-in Centre at Rouen House in Rouen Road in Norwich.
OneNorwich Practices is the trading name of Norwich Practices Ltd.